12. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Median home value: $173,600
- Median annual property tax: $734
- Median monthly housing cost: $842
With 30,000 permanent residents and a reputation for fine seafood, expansive beaches, and temperate weather all year, this is a popular vacation destination and an increasingly desirable place to retire. It has all the attractions of a resort town that you want but none of the hassle.
Next: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
11. Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Median home value: $164,100
- Median annual property tax: $1,188
- Median monthly housing cost: $937
Situated between Pensacola and Panama City, this beach town has the impossibly white beaches and crystal-clear water that Floridians love. This slice of paradise is known for being incredibly family friendly with lots of activities, making it the ideal spot for your relatives to visit after you retire there.
Next: Melbourne, Florida