10. Melbourne, Florida
- Median home value: $125,400
- Median annual property tax: $1,135
- Median monthly housing cost: $849
Home values are going up in Melbourne. That’s because the location — next to the River Lagoon on Florida’s Space Coast — is so appealing, with beaches, fishing, golf, and plenty of sunshine. There are also festivals like the Independent Filmmaker’s Festival, Arts Festival, Aviation Day, and Oktoberfest.
Next: Fort Pierce, Florida
9. Fort Pierce, Florida
- Median home value: $89,100
- Median annual property tax: $902
- Median monthly housing cost: $777
It’s not called “Sunrise City” for nothing. Located on the Atlantic Coast, this haven has old world charm and modern amenities that will appeal to residents and visitors of all ages. You won’t believe the relentlessly affordable home prices, either.
Next: Daytona Beach, Florida